Services offered by CCOM are not directed to individuals under the age of twenty-one (21). If you are under twenty-one (21), you should not provide any personal information to us.
This policy is effective as of June 30, 2020.
Information We Collect
Information is gathered from your use of the CCOM Services by us, our service providers, advertisers, sponsors and partners.
Information You Provide. We may collect information that you choose to provide during use of the CCOM Services in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- purchase products or services from us. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and payment or credit card information;
- register for one of our services;
- make information available to us or interact with us via social media website and applications;
- express an interest in receiving marketing or promotional materials regarding cigars, pipe tobacco, or related products or services;
- participate in chats, web forums or other interactive sessions;
- subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback; and
- participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
Automated Information. Information regarding your use of the CCOM Services may be collected and/or aggregated by automated means. This automatically collected information may include information such as:
- your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used, referrer URL;
- date and time of your visit to a CCOM site and the pages you visit, and, if you linked from or to another website, the referrer URL;
- email you open and links you click on within an email; and
- your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
When you use the CCOM sites, various technologies such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons (generally referred to as "Data Technologies"), are used to automatically collect information. "Cookies" are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. "Local shared objects," or “LSOs,” sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A "web beacon" (e.g. Internet tag, pixel tag or clear pixel GIF), links web pages to web servers and their cookies, and may be used to identify you and monitor your activity on the CCOM sites. Anonymous advertising identifiers are increasingly being used on mobile devices in a manner similar to cookies. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and similar future technologies.
One or more Data Technologies may be used on the CCOM sites and other websites and mobile applications (that may not be the CCOM sites) used by us, by another party on our behalf, or by third parties in accordance with their privacy policies. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, on our behalf and on their own behalf, to collect information about you that may be added to your user profile and used to connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and mobile applications. This information may be used to more effectively market our products and services, and those of our affiliates and third parties, that may be of interest to you.
We may use a trackable toll-free telephone number in advertisements. If you call one of these uniquely generated toll-free numbers, we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may collect non-personally identifiable information about the call (e.g. date, time, duration), as well as personally identifiable information (e.g. your name, and the telephone number from which your call originated).
Videos. We may target and track the videos you view on the CCOM sites. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the CCOM sites or third-party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
Location Information. When you download or use the CCOM sites, we may also use precise geolocation information ("Location Information"). Please note that we only collect Location Information with your permission (e.g., such as when you agree to provide it to us after you initially access or download the CCOM sites). We use Location Information to provide location-based services and content, as well as to understand traffic patterns in and around our retail locations. You can adjust the setting on your mobile device(s) to limit tracking or to decline cookies, but as a result you may not be able to use certain features of the CCOM sites or Content or take full advantage of all of our offerings.
Publicly Posted Information. Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
Combined Information and Information from Other Sources. We may combine information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through our affiliates and other sources, with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about your use of the CCOM sites, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources.
How We May Use The Information We Collect
We may use information we collect for various business purposes including:
- for everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your user account, for accounting and financial purposes such as processing and collecting payments, providing the products and services you request, responding to your queries, and providing customer support;
- to offer you our products or services and/or the products or services of others;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with CCOM and other users through various means, such as through message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications, and websites;
- to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis, and financial analysis;
- to deliver content (including advertising) correlating to your interests and browsing and usage history, both within the CCOM Sites and on other websites and applications;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
- to contact you via telephone, email, mail, text, or chat. We will obtain your consent to contact you in the manner required by law.
You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you.
- You may choose not to provide personal information, even though that may impact your ability to register or receive a particular product or service.
- We use your email address to send order confirmations and invoices. If you have elected to receive our weekly email specials by providing us with your email address, we will send you exclusive specials. You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, either by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email, or by contacting our customer service department.
Change Your Information
We cannot change your personal information over the phone. You can change your personal information by logging into your account.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, if you are a California resident who provides personal information in obtaining products or services for personal use, you may choose to opt out of any sharing of that personal information with third parties by one of our brands or affiliates with whom you have provided that personal information. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request information concerning whether one of our brands or affiliates has disclosed any of your personal information to any third parties for direct marketing purposes, you may contact us as specified in the “Contact For More Information” section below.
Information We Collect
We collect and retain the following categories of personal information from consumers, which we collect for the business purpose of complying with federal, state and local laws, and regulations governing our business, and to help us determine what products and services might be of greatest interest to you.
CCOM collects at least one item from each of the below categories of personal information identified in the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Category / Examples:
A. Identifiers. Your real name, alias, date of birth, postal address, telephone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver's license number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, driver's license or state identification card number, bank account number, or other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Commercial information. Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
D. Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
E. Geolocation data. Physical location or movements.
F. Inferences drawn from other personal information. Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our customers or their agents. For example, from documents that our customers provide to us related to the products or services for which they engage us.
- Indirectly from our customers or their agents. For example, through information we collect from our customers in the course of providing products or services to them.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on the CCOM sites. For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
- From third parties that interact with us in connection with the services we or they perform.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to our corporate affiliates and to third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements for the purpose of offering complementary products and services. When we disclose personal information to our affiliates, service providers, and/or third parties, we do so under a contract that describes the business purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for performing the services provided under the contract.
We may have disclosed or sold the following categories of personal information:
Category A: Identifiers
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories
Category C: Commercial Information
Category D: Internet or other similar network activity
Category E: Geolocation data
Category F: Inferences drawn from other personal information
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Consumer’s Privacy Rights
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment from us for the exercise of any of your privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Online Tracking Policy for California Residents
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification.
Consumers with Disabilities
Any consumer with a disability (or their authorized agent) may contact us by visiting our website.
The Privacy of Children
Services offered by CCOM are not directed to individuals under the age of twenty-one (21). We do not knowingly collect, use, or share the personal information of children under the age of thirteen (13), and the CCOM Sites are not directed to individuals under 21. If you are under the age of 13, you should not provide any personal information to us, and you may not use the CCOM Sites. If you are made aware that we have collected personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us. Once verified, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
If you are a registered user of the CCOM sites, you may make changes or updates to certain information by logging into your password-protected account within the CCOM sites.
Contact for More Information
ATTN: RSCIGARS.COM PRIVACY OFFICE
209 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy
Haines City, FL 33844